Ever wonder why you can never seem to get your energy bill down or want to track your energy consumption and find more ways to save? Use one these apps to manage your energy use and take control of your energy bill!
- Kill-Ur-Watts – Utilizing your energy consumption data, this app will keep track of your energy use over time and help discover ways you can save by introducing strategies for energy reduction. Launched in 2012, this app was created for the Department of Energy’s “App’s for Energy” challenge, the app continues to help thousands of people save money on their energy bills. The app is free and it provides customizable graphs that display your carbon footprint and allows you to challenge your friends/family to help improve their scores as well.
- Energy Tracker– Available on all OS platform smartphones, this simple uncluttered layout application shows your electricity or gas usage. It then bundles the data into an Exel notebook file so you can track and inspire yourself to reduce consumption all for the low price of $0.99.
- Wiser EMS – This free application can translate your energy usage data into a user-friendly format. EMS was another contender in the “Apps for Energy” challenge but instead of using normal graphs like Kill-Ur-Watts, they used engaging infographics and illustrations that can help you save money and make smarter choices about your home energy use.
- Energy Cost Calculator– This free watt-and-cost calculator runs across all OS platforms for smartphones and can actually calculate costs of energy consumption in kilowatt hours, as well as carbon emissions. It can give you estimated electricity, usage costs per day, week or month for electric equipment and appliances, so you can compare and cut down your utility bills.
- Energy Calc Pro– This new energy saving app is $1.99 and allows you to calculate energy costs associated with everyday household appliances to see where you are spending the most on electricity. It has a built-in database of appliances with common wattage and average daily usage. This app will help you discover why your electric bill is so high and let you know what appliances are using the most energy.
Smart Thermostat Apps
If you have a Wi-Fi or Smart Thermostat installed at home, it’s likely that the equipment manufacturer offers an app which can be used to remotely control the device. For example:
- Total Connect Comfort by Honeywell: For Android, Windows, and iPhone, this app allows you to remotely monitor and manage your A/C use. The app works with the Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi Thermostat along with Honeywell’s various Wi-Fi thermostats. For more information on the Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi Thermostat click here
Finally, in addition to the apps and tools and above, keep in mind that for larger businesses Tower has a large range of expertise and is eager to help. Contact us today with any questions, concerns, or sales support!