As a parent, you only want the best for your family which this means the best products. But there is something you probably never considered when outfitting your home, a humidifier. Humidifiers are often overlooked but they can radically change the comfort of your families living environment, making them a product you should consider for your HVAC system.
Having a home filled with dry air can affect many things in your families’ lives such as:
- Sleep: Sleeping in a hot room is hard enough but the younger you are the more susceptible to congestion you are. One of the major benefits of a humidifier is the protection from dry air, especially during the chilly winter months when the members of your family often become ill. A humidifier will let your baby breathe easy and help get rid of the pesky mucus build-up.
- Dry Skin: Comfort is the key to your family’s happiness and a humidifier can help provide just that. Having dry air in your home will dry out other things such as your skin causing it to become red and chapped. Humidifiers can help stop this issue from occurring better than any lotion ever could, they bring in humid air and keeping your families skin clear and soft.
- Bed Bugs: Dry air is a perfect host for bacteria and viruses, which multiply and linger for days. By maintaining a relative humidity level between 45 and 50 percent, you can keep your family healthy by preventing the spread of those pesky bugs.
You have many different options when it comes to purchasing a humidifier from a single room to whole home options. A single room or portable humidifier only treats a small portion of your home making it not ideal for your family. Consider this when making your purchase; if one of the rooms in your home is dry chances are the rest of your home is dry as well. If you have an HVAC unit you may want to take advantage of a whole home humidifier. They are less maintenance and output less noise while also being out of sight. The whole home option is proven to be more efficient in the long run so consider this when purchasing a humidifier. Here are 4 humidifiers to consider for your home, stocked at Tower for your convenience:
- Aprilaire 600 Humidifier– the Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifier is one of the best performing bypass humidifiers on the market. It has a large-capacity unit that delivers up to fifty percent more moisture than competitive units. It features a built -in bypass damper, which means fewer parts to install. It also has an evaporation capacity of 0.70 gallons per hour and it is perfect for homes up to 4,000 square feet.
- Honeywell 120 Pint Dehumidifier– the Honeywell TrueDRY Whole-House Dehumidifiers is flawlessly designed to maintain proper humidity levels in the home. Too much humidity in your home can cause mold and mildew in your home where too little humidity can dry out your skin and make it hard to sleep so if you experience either of these issues in your home year round, this could be the system for you. Along with this system delivering fresh air quietly and requiring minimal maintenance, this whole home humidifier is Energy Star rated for providing efficient and economical operation.
- Aprilaire Bypass Humidifier 400M– The Aprilaire Model 400 Humidifier is a whole-home solution that helps achieve total comfort through humidity control. The model 400 features drain-free operation, eliminating standing water. Making it a good choice for homeowners with septic systems, homeowners interested in conserving water or locations where a floor drain is not available.
- Nortec RH2 Steam Humidifier– The RH2 is the most advanced residential steam humidifier available and provides reliable humidification for a home using the same proven cylinder technology as Nortec’s commercial humidifiers. The Steam Humidifier is available in two different models the duct model and the space model. The air duct is connected to a remote blower where the space model is designed for applications where humidity is to be introduced directly into the space being humidified.
While we highlighted four main humidifiers in this article Tower Equipment Company carries many other models for different applications. Contact our professionals to find the best humidifier for your home or job today!
0 Comments Leave a comment