Technology for homes has evolved rapidly, making housekeeping tasks easier and more efficient than ever. But are these new ways of completing familiar tasks worth the hassle?
- Lighting is key in a home, it can really transform the whole look of a room and to have the ability to dim the lights or add lighting to a dark area could be the addition you are looking for. This can be accomplished by using smart bulbs, smart switches, or smart outlets. Smart bulbs are the easiest way to dive into using smart technology in your lighting if you enjoy your experience this is when you should look for a more permanent option. With your smart device or by using voice commands you can turn off, turn on, and dim your smart bulbs from anywhere.
- Smart home locks make it easy for you to get into your home by pairing it to your cell phone. This way when you walk up to your door your smart lock pairs to your phone and unlocks the door eliminating the daunting task of searching for your keys. Keep in mind this lock only lets in trusted people, do not be concerned not everyone can simply pair their phones to your lock. Still want a key for pet sitters or service providers? Most smart locks offer temporary keys or one-time access for trusted people. The best part of this all you can manage all of this through their app on your smartphone.
- Smart thermostats make your home effortlessly comfortable as you can adjust your home’s temperature on the go through an app on your phone. They feature easy scheduling so you can pre-program temperatures that are comfortable for your family when you are home and raise when you are away to save you money. Some even integrate with your whole-home humidifier, air purifier and entire HVAC system to control all aspects of the air and the temperature in your home.
- If you like to keep your lawn lush, a smart sprinkler system is for you. Smart sprinklers go beyond regular watering schedules to monitor different zones of your lawn that may need more water depending on how much sunlight that zone gets. On top of that, they use weather data to turn off your sprinklers if a rainstorm is on the way and it is all done automatically so you do not have to worry about a thing.
- It’s important to feel safe in your smart home, and having a video monitoring system is an easy way to accomplish that. They’re most often motion-activated, which helps save electricity and makes it easier to distinguish when there might actually be a problem or intruder. Whether you’re at home or away, most systems let you watch live footage on your cell phone and save clips to share with family or law enforcement. After installing the cameras, all setup and control happen right on your phone. So if you’re comfortable with that, managing your security system won’t be an issue.
Interested in incorporating smart technology in your next job? Contact Tower Equipment’s professionals today with any questions you may have at: