It is that time of the year to set goals to eat better, get more exercise, maybe even more sleep- everyone is looking for a healthier them. But what if instead you could do something for 2019 that improves your heath and the health of your family? Make 2019 the year for a Healthier Home!
Healthy Home Resolutions for 2019
The air quality in your home—the place you spend more time than anywhere else—is a major factor when it comes to your overall health. So for a healthier home and a healthier you in the New Year, here are five picks for Healthy Home Resolutions:
1. Clear the clutter – This is not something that can happen overnight, but resolving to clear out a different room every month is a great way to make this goal a reality. Start with the most-used room in your house and work from there. Whether it is your kitchen, living room, or bedroom, rid it of anything that you do not love or use often. Clutter is nothing more than a dust collector and excess dust means poor indoor air quality.
2. Add some greens- This might be one of the easiest resolutions because it does not require you getting rid of anything. Plants are amazing for improving air quality. Adding some green plants to your home can not only help you breathe better, but it adds style to your home! To purify air think one large plant for every 100 square feet in your home, or two smaller ones for the same effect.
3. Change the filters- Regularly cleaning or changing your air filters will make a huge difference for your indoor air quality. Resolve to check your filters on the schedule that is recommended by the manufacturer (Aprilaire filters should be changed once a year, so with our filters, this resolution is pretty easy! ).
4. Green Cleaning- Replacing your toxic, chemical-filled home cleaners with eco-friendly, non-toxic supplies will improve your air quality and save you money. A good solution is to get a group of your friends together and make some of these DIY natural cleaning products! This way you can use those products to keep your home clean throughout the year! This is a great activity to get the kids involved with, and you do not have to worry about exposing them to harmful chemicals.
5. Invest in an air purifier – Here is a shortcut to improve your air quality. Consider investing in an air purifier to help reduce airborne pollutants, allergens, odors, and more. Having clean air in your home environment is vital to the health of your family. Air purifiers help reduce the concentration of air pollutants all year long, whether it is allergens in the spring or stuffy heating air in the winter.
Wherever your New Year’s journey takes you, Tower Equipment Company & Aprilaire is here to help with Healthy Home tips and professional support so you can create a better home environment for your family. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2019!
Article from Aprilaire.com