It’s Steam Humidifier Season
Winter is Steam Humidifier season and during this time of the year Tower receives calls with questions on Field Controls S2020 and S2000 Steam Humidifiers.
Field Controls Steam Humidifiers are compatible with virtually every make and model of forced air system and it is ideal for use with heat pumps. They operate any time there is a call for humidity, not just when there is a call for heat. This means maximum comfort for the homeowner since humidity can be added at any time through the forced air system.
Common Questions About Field Controls Steam Humidifiers:
- Q: Is there an advantage to using the S2020 (240V) over the S2000 (120V)?
- A: The real advantage between the two models is the S2020 (240V) model will be more efficient since it increases the water temperature to the required 212 degrees quicker.
- Q: Does it matter if the unit is fed water from the hot or cold water supply?
- A: Either hot or cold supply will work; however, the hot water supply will work better since it has already given up the solids to the water heater anode. Remember if you are using any type of filter on the water supply going into the unit, you must use the cold water supply.
- Q: The green LED light is flashing rapidly and the drain LED light is on, but nothing is happening, why?
- A: This is normal. The unit is in the drain cycle and will stop blinking after 10 minutes. If the unit does not stop blinking after 10 minutes, it means the humidistat is not connected or incorrectly wired.
- Q: Is there any type of maintenance that needs to be performed?
- A: Yes, depending on the hardness of the water, mineral deposits will need to be removed on a yearly basis. The best time to clean the unit is after winter. Follow the maintenance steps in the installation manual.
- Q: I just installed a unit in a customer’s home and it has been running constantly for 2 days. Is that normal?
- A: Yes. The unit will run until the desired humidity level, which is set on the humidistat, is achieved. This means everything inside the home will have to “absorb” a certain amount of moisture that is being supplied to the home before the humidistat senses the requested humidity reading.
We hope you find these tech tips helpful. Installation manuals and wiring diagrams for Field Controls products can be found on the their website, www.fieldcontrols.com, under the support tab. You can also contact Tower Equipment’s professionals with any questions you may have at:
Stratford- Phone: (203)375-4420 Fax: (203) 378-7635 Address: 1320 West Broad Street, Stratford, CT 06615
Hartford- Phone: (860) 724-3138 Fax: (860) 724-0821 Address: 92 Weston Street- Unit 31, Hartford, CT 06120